Posted: September 10, 2021
Unpacking With A Baby | 11 Tips From A Professional Moving Company
Unpacking with children can be a struggle, especially if they are constantly calling for you every second. Moving with your newborn or your toddler can be frustrating at times, you don’t have the time to be worrying about what they are doing. If you are unpacking with a baby on your own, then there are a few tips you should take into consideration in order to make it easier for you. Trending your baby every second is not something you’re going to have time to do when you are moving homes, this is why you need to find ways to keep them occupied.
- Purge unneeded items before you start packing for the trip to your new neighbourhood. You always want to make sure you are not adding unnecessary loads to your moving boxes.
- Hire professional movers to help with some of your items. You don’t want to be making consecutive trips back and forth from your old home to your new one.
- Labelling your boxes. This means organizing all items into separate boxes so you know where to find them after the move. Making sure you pack clothes, furniture and decor separately is important if you want to unpack quickly.
- Make sure to do a deep clean before you bring the baby to the new home. In the meantime, you can leave them with your partner, friends or your family.
- Babyproof your new home. Make sure that you have all sharp corners or edges in your home protected with a covering. You don’t want to take the chances of your baby injuring themselves by walking into dangerous items.
- Unpack during nap times. This will give you more time to properly organize items and put them away where they belong.
- Always make sure you are packing baby essentials separately from all of your other things. You want to have easy access to their diapers, clothes and food in order to calm them down.
- Have your own moving company pack the nursery last and unpacked first. In other words, make sure that your baby’s bedroom is free from boxes of small items they can put in their mouths.
- Maintain your schedule with your baby. As hard as a new move can be on yourself and your child, you will still want to put them to sleep on time and feed them regularly.
- Keep snacks and toys handy when you are moving with your baby. There is no doubt that they will be hungry every second of the day. We can assure you that you will also have some cravings for your favourite foods.
- Reward yourself and your baby after you are finished moving. You can do this by having a relaxing day where you guys do nothing and watch TV. You can even go to the beach or go for a picnic in the park.
Moving doesn’t have to be as hard as it looks. With the right support and help, you can make the transition to your new home as smooth and easy as possible. There is no need to worry about whether you will have enough time to tend for your child and the moving process. If you are looking for moving companies and moving services in Winnipeg, make sure to contact King’s Transfer.